Sunday, October 20, 2013

Texas Book Festival

YOU GUYS.  I have been the worst book blogger since getting my new job.  I clearly need to work on my confidence in blogging at work, both to keep up with your blogs and my own (that's how other people do it, right??).  But I'm still reading!  Albeit slowly, though I think that that's more because Cat's Eye is kind of slow than because of me necessarily.  I'm racing through my re-listen of The Likeness, so that's something.  BUT.  The Texas Book Festival is taking place in Austin next weekend and I.  Cannot.  Wait.

I was sad that I couldn't make it to BEA in June, partially because big book event and partially because I wanted to meet everybody from the Harry Potter Readalong, but the Texas Book Festival seems SO MUCH BETTER (content-wise, not attendee-wise).  It's chock-full of really fun-sounding discussions and readings and activities AND the Penguin Book Truck is going to be there!.  My planned schedule for the weekend:

  • Literary Death Match
  • Vinatge/Anchor Books Presents: Writers on Reading
  • Girl Powers
  • Is it the end of the world as we know it? (YA post-apocalyptic lit)
  • Jess Walter on Beautiful Ruins
  • Move Over Katniss: New Heroines
  • Sherman Alexie on Blasphemy and The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven
  • Friends in Low Places (unusual friendships in YA)

Oh, and also there's a Lit Crawl on Saturday night with activities at a bunch of bars and in a local cemetery (with R.L. Stine - I may have to do that just for nostalgia) and an after-party and oh god I am dorking out.  You all should book (PUN INTENDED) some tickets to Austin so that we can all meet up!  If anyone actually is intending on going, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Austin Book Fair sounds amazing! I sure wish I could book a flight down there, pronto. Now you have to go out there and enjoy the heck out of it for the rest of us, then post about it!

    ReplyDelete