Sunday, July 14, 2013

OMG GUYS

So apparently there's this book:

 And it was written by this lady:

WHAAAAT?!  She's no Robert!  Oh, pseudonyms, I know not what to think.  This is very exciting and kind of hilarious because according to this article, no one's been buying it!  Lol.  It's kind of cool that Rowling wanted to get some legit feedback that has nothing to do with Harry Potter though - I respect that.  It must have been really annoying for everybody to constantly compare her first adult novel to the HP series.

What do you think?  Will you run out to the store to buy it?  I personally still haven't decided whether or not I want to read The Casual Vacancy, so I won't really be considering this one for a while.

6 comments:

  1. That is some crazy lunacy right there. Yes I will definitely rush right out and buy it. I think Rowling's at her best when she's writing mysteries. Harry Potter was such a huge mystery, the whole thing as well as each individual book, and she was amazing at it.

    I'm happy she got positive feedback under a pseudonym though! I really didn't like A Casual Vacancy, and I say that as someone who love-love-loves Rowling. I wanted more mystery in it and it was zero mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really think of HP as a mystery but of course your right - it's mystery heaped upon mystery, and done well. Hmmm, that's making me think that maybe I do want to read this after all...

      Delete
  2. I don't blame her a bit for writing under a pseudonym, but this rather ruins it for future books, unless she chooses a different name out of the gate each time. My curiosity leans in this direction: what kind of advance did JKR get for this book? And was it so high that when the book wasn't selling well, the publisher let the cat out of the bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. If the author doesn't sell under a pseudonym, then you've got to lose the pseudonym. It kind of sucks for her - it is unlikely that she will ever be able to disassociate herself as a writer from HP.

      Delete
  3. I won't buy it, because I'm not into crime fiction. The Casual Vacancy was good though, you should read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear so many conflicting things about it!! Maybe once it's out in paperback (which is apparently very soon)...

      Delete