Friday, June 21, 2013

HP Readalong ~ Wrap-up

Main Post
GUYS (ladies, really).  The Harry Potter Readalong is officially over and that is a sad thing.  Has it really been six months?  Holy poopers!  So yeah, I'm actually NOT going to ramble on today, even though I mentally filed away (and promptly forgot) all sorts of things I wanted to say today.  What I DO want to say is that I don't actually hate Harry like you all probably think.  One does not reread this series as much as I have if one hates Harry.  I just have this weird thing where I think that the series is terribly flawed but I LOVE IT ANYWAY.

Thanks to Alice for hosting this readalong and letting me traumatize you all with my assessments of how this series could be better.  We've laughed, we've cried, we've fought like hippogriffs over whether or not Sirius is awesome and whether Draco is an acceptable human being and it's been lot's of fun.  Also, I met new people and that it awesome!  It was lots of fun everybody!  We should definitely do another readalong soon.  Happy (final) Harry Potter Day!


8 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that this is over because it has been so much fun. And it's so true that the series has a lot of flaws but I love it anyway so it's cool. We can nitpick and gripe all we want, but it's coming from a place of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did SO WELL at not rambling! (I rambled. I rambled a lot.) And I am so happy that you don't actually hate Harry! I mean, I ASSUMED this was the case, but how do I even know anything, man?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said :) I feel like I was a bit of a downer on Harry sometimes too... but I love the kid. I really do. Wouldn't have the awesome series without him, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THEY'RE ALL SO FAT IN THAT PICTURE

    Also. ALSO. Thank you for joining. And for six damn months. Good Lord. Such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just it. We wouldn't keep up with a SIX-MONTH-LONG readalong if we didn't love the crap out of these books. Ah, man, I love these books. I will be checking everyone's blogs next Friday because that's just how things are now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Harry. I know you do not love him quite as much as I do, but I haven't ever thought you hated him! It's been a wonderful readalong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it says a lot about the series that we can be simultaneously really annoyed at bits of the books and completely in love with them. All the little flaws and things to argue about just make the reading experience richer.

    ReplyDelete