Saturday, January 5, 2013
The Classics Club Readathon ~ Beginning
Good morning, fellow readers! It is Saturday and that means that it's time for The Classics Club Readathon, AKA my first readathon ever, AKA oh my goodness are these people crazy, AKA SUCH FUN. The moderators over at The Classics Club are starting off festivities with a questionnaire! What fun! (I feel like I sound very sarcastic and mocking, but that is not the case. I'm just very sleepy and my tea isn't ready yet.)
1) Name and Blog: Jennifer at Soy Chai Bookshelf
2) Snacks and beverages of choice: I think this really says it all:
3) Where are you reading from today? Mostly from my apartment in NJ, but I have a couple of things to do throughout the day so the location might change. I am going to a spa down the street at noon, so maybe I'll be reading in the waiting area? And I'm babysitting tonight, so you had better believe that when those kids are asleep, I shall be reading on their couch. And when my body threatens to fall asleep, as it inevitably will because I can rarely make it past 10:30 p.m., I shall go to Starbucks and get chai and most likely become delirious. Fun!
4) What are your goals for the Readathon? To finish 2-3 short books from my list and not hate reading by the end of it.
5) What books are you planning on reading? Well, I'm going to be starting with the chapter of A Feast for Crows that I fell asleep reading last night (see question 3) even though that has nothing to do with my list because otherwise it would drive me crazy to not know what's going on with Alayne. Then, I'll start on my list. I found the following books from my list on my shelves, most of which are of a non-threatening length:
6) Are you excited? YES! And also nervous.
I'll be updating throughout the day and night - I think one big post that I keep updating (I'll change the subject line when I update). In the mean time, read on my friends.