Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Classics Club Readathon ~ Afternoon Update

I'm nearly 8.5 hours through The Classics Club's first ever readathon.  I've probably spent no more than 4 hours actually reading - the rest of my time has been devoted to yoga, showering, a spa visit, and doing dishes - and I'm still going strong.  So far, I've read about 10 pages of A Feast for Crows and listened to about 30 minutes of my current audiobook Broken Harbor, neither of which is on my Classics Club list.  I did just complete Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton though, so that's an accomplishment.  It's nice and short - only 130 pages - so I was able to get through it easily.  I'll review it on the blog at a later time; for now - it was okay.  Not my favorite, by I was able to get through it easily and was moved, though conflicted in my feelings about Ethan.

Onwards!  I think I'd like to stick with another short novel that I could conceivably finish today so I think I'll go with Jacob's Room by Virginia Woolf.  She's not always the easiest writer to get through, but it's only 176 pages, so that should balance out.  It's been far too long since I've read anything by her.  I think that should be remedied, don't you?



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making great progress :)
    Woolf is one of those authors that very much scare me. I have Orlando on my classics club list, but I know that I'll leave it to right near the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for spa visit. That is the way you do a readathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completed a book! Great job :D I have yet to complete anything /hopeless. And you got other stuff done too, even.

    I really have to read something by Woolf soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finishing a book, doing yoga, and going to the spa? Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete