Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Fall TBR List...After the Fact

So back in September I made a Top Ten Tuesday list of my reading plans for fall and since tomorrow's the first day of winter, I thought it would be amusing to go back and see how I did.  Because I did not do well.  And this is why I try to keep reading firmly in the "fun" category of my life, because I am terrible at committing to reading more than one book at a time.

1) Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson: Just stick to the title people.
2) My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: This is ongoing.  I read maybe two stories from it, but that's fine.  It's an anthology.  That's how they go.
3) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: Vomit.  But at least I read listened to it and can check it off of my Classics Challenge list!
4) The Lord of The Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien: After the atrocity that was The Hobbit, I did somehow make it through The Fellowship of the Ring (review to come? [probably not]).  And then I subscribed to Audible, which put a stop to all that ridiculousness.
5) The Children of Henry VIII by Alison Weir: Didn't even pick it up.
6) Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre by H.P. Lovecraft: Read a couple stories for Halloween, which is exactly what I intended.
7) A Walk for Sunshine by Jeff Alt: Keep walking, people.  Nothing to see here.
8) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steve Chbosky: I saw the movie!  That's good enough, right?!

So out of a list of eight novels and two story anthologies, I read... two books and a handful of short stories... about 25% of my goal!  Oops!  I guess that committing myself to this many books that I only had in print with almost no time to read anything that wasn't in audiobook form was not the best of ideas.  Oh well!  Onwards, I say, and I'll read them in the end.

How did your fall reading plans go?

No comments:

Post a Comment