Tuesday, October 2, 2012

VERY IMPORTANT Casual Vacancy Prophecy

Okay guys, I have no idea when I'm going to read it, but here's my theory about J.K. Rowling's new novel, Casual Vacancy, which has taken over my blog reading list.  Also, it may really be a theory about J.K. Rowling's subconscious.  Whatever it is, I need to say it before someone else has.  Which they may have, I just haven't noticed.  Okay, here goes:

Killing off a character with a rhyming name is really an effort to put Harry to rest once and for all.

Here's where you gasp and flatter my genius.  And/or tell me how obvious that was.

4 comments:

  1. EXCEPT I read in an interview w/ Rowling that she's open and considering writing more in the HP universe. Although I dunno if that means it'll be more Harry himself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To risk blasphemy: I hope it's not about Harry. His story is done, in my opinion, especially since he's just a mediocre wizard whose great power was only again Voldemort. I'm clearly too involved in this. But I would LOVE more books in the universe.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is interesting that she would choose a character that's name would rhyme with her empire. And I could see it! Good thinking. I'm interested to see if she does decide to continue the series.

    ReplyDelete