Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Elevenses!

I'm spending the day curled up on the couch with the last three Harry Potter movies, a sinus headache, and a fever, so I thought it was as good a time as any to answer the survey Alley from What Red Read tagged me in last week.  I'm also supposed to tag 11 more people, but I think I'm just going to leave it at that and invite anybody who wants to to answer the questions on their own blog.  Kay?  Kay.

11 "Fun" Facts About Me
1. I used to spend my summers rock climbing, rappelling, and spelunking at the summer camp that I attended/worked at for seven years.
2.  I categorize and alphabetize all of my books, but hated working at a bookstore where I had to do just that.
3.  One of my life goals is to visit India.
4.  I'm a bit of a Starbucks fiend and use all of my credit card rewards on gift cards.
5.  I've been a vegetarian for 4.5 years and don't regret a day of it.  Being vegetarian makes me happy.
6.  I flirt with veganism but never quite manage to make the commitment.
7.  I LOVE BOARD GAMES.  Seriously.  If you will play board games with me, I will be your new BFF.
8.  As a kid, if we were going on a road trip, my parents would always provide me with a large supply of books to keep me quiet and happy.  I remember once reading seven books in one day on such an occasion.
9.  I learned all the growing-up puberty stuff from Judy Blume.
10.  Even though I don't have any kids, I already have mental plans for the books I will provide for them and sometimes have to restrain myself from buying the ones I don't already have.
11.  I once sold Harrison Ford a multipot.


Questions from Alley
1. What's your favorite bookish movie? (Movie based on a book, movie with literary tendencies, whatever)
The Hours!  I think the movie adaptation is really wonderful, which is great since I loved the book too.
2. How often do you re-read books?
Not very.  As a kid, I reread books all the time and my mom thought I was crazy.  Now, I always mean to reread books but never seem to get around to it while there are still so many other books to read.  I do plan on rereading One Hundred Years of Solitude this summer though.
3. What's your favorite reading spot?
Couch, papasan chair, bed.  I'm flexible.  Wherever I am, ideally I have a cup of tea.
4. Which season is your favorite?
I love cool weather and spring is pretty brief in NJ, so I guess autumn.  The leaves are pretty too.
5. What's your profile picture?
I seem to remember posting a picture of me reading in my papasan chair but I can't find it on my blog so I don't know.
6. What's your ideal meal?
Indian food!  Curry and korma and samosas and mango chutney and naan and paneer and a mango lassi.  And, ideally, a dining companion who's willing to order vegetarian so that we can share.  Yum!
7. What's your guilty pleasure TV show, movie, book?
The Princess Diaries movies.  I know.  Come to think of it, those would be perfect sick day movies...
8. How do you like to spend a rainy day?
Reading!  And curled up on the couch watching TV with the hubby!  And drinking tea!  And not going outside!
9. Do you have any good Tumblrs to recommend?
I don't follow any Tumblrs.  And I don't really understand them, so if somebody could explain, that would be awesome.
10. If you like to cook (or bake), what's your favorite thing to make?
Cupcakes!  Yummers!
11. Do you have a big TBR list? Or do you wait until you're done with your current book to buy (or borrow from the library) your next reads?
Big enough, but not terrible.  I have about three not too long shelves of TBR books and a short list I keep up for whenever I decide to go crazy on AbeBooks.  Me ending books and me buying books have little to do with one another.

What about you?!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for playing although boo for being sick. I hope you feel better soon!!

    BTW Princess Diaries is a pretty great sick day movie. I think it has healing powers so you should probably give it a watch

    ReplyDelete