Friday, October 14, 2011

Catching Up

Ten o'clock on a Friday night that I've dedicated to studying and preparing for a paper and a presentation?  Perfect time for playing catch-up on the blog.

So, I've pretty much been a terrible blogger lately.  I haven't done a Meatless Monday post in week, I have two books and some short stories in the queue to be reviewed, I've barely been keeping up with my substandard Fragile Things group read posts, and my time spent looking at other people's blogs is restricted to the ten minutes I allot myself on my ipod in bed in the mornings and before I go to sleep, of which there is no evidence because I hate typing on the ipod.  Suffice it to say, I'm doing a poopy job of balancing blogging and school.

I am reading though, and not just stuff for school (though that's the vast majority).  I drag myself through the Fragile Things readings through sheer will-power, and have even managed to get in a few H.P. Lovecraft stories, which are really freaking good.  Maybe after I hand in my paper I'll write about them?  Hopefully.  I also just finished listening through the entire Harry Potter series on audiobook and just started a re-listen of Neverwhere, which, happily, is reminding me that Neil Gaiman is also awesome.  I think he is better suited to longer narratives.  Oh!  So the first time I listened to Neverwhere, there was something wrong with the files and they kept skipping around and it was a pain in the butt.  So much so, that the first time I attempted a relisten, I gave up because it kept happening.  Since then, I converted the files to audiobooks and guess what!  There's a prologue.  Nope, I did not know of its existence my whole first listen, which makes me wonder what other surprises are in store for me.  Thanks to the hours I spend walking to and from campus every week, it shouldn't be long before I find out.

I have been managing to feed myself for the most part, though it's included a lot a salads and PB&J sandwiches.  I'm going to try to get back to the Meatless Monday posts, but since I'm not a very creative chef and most of those are for me anyway, I'm not going to make it a priority.

Does anybody have any advice on balancing graduate school, two part-time jobs, and general housework while still making time for blogging?  I'd love to hear how you all do it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed you can even balance graduate school, 2 part-time jobs and general housework. I'm getting exhausted just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always blogged when I was procrastinating from grad school assignments, lol :-P

    ReplyDelete