Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Reads: The Night Circus

The Night Circus is Erin Morgenstern's debut novel (coming in September) and I have to say, I am loving it.  It's been a while since I've really loved a novel, but this is definitely picking up the slack (AKA, I keep staying up too late reading).  I'll go more into it in my review when I finish it, but suffice it to say that it is filled with subtle magic and lovely characters.

The image on the right is the ARC cover, which,
excellently enough, threatens to exsanguinate
anybody who attempts to sell it.
I just read on Morgenstern's blog that Jim Dale is doing the audiobook, which anybody who has listened to him read Harry Potter knows is amazing news.  I may actually buy this one instead of borrowing it from the library.  Who knows, maybe I'll go crazy and preorder it!

I still have one hundred pages to go and I can already tell you, this is one to look out for.  Thank you, Random House, for sending the bookstore where I work a copy and thank you, Ms. Morgenstern, for writing it.

2 comments:

  1. oh, yes! I loved this book too, as I think would anybody who realizes that the real magic of believing in something lies more in the belief and less in the object of belief.

    I actually prefer the ARC cover to the finished one, but both are good. I don't think I realized until I read your review that you also work at a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh lucky you. I've been hearing about this book all over the blog-sphere and can hardly wait until it comes out.

    ReplyDelete