You already know what this is and yes, I'm jumping on Stuck in a Book's bandwagon. Here it goes!
1. The book I'm currently reading: Middlemarch by Silas Marner. At times it is engaging and at times it puts me to sleep. It's very, very long (I'm on page 252 of 889) and there are a lot of characters to confuse me, so there will probably be no reason for me to do this meme again next week.
2. The last book I finished: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. This challenged my notions of the qualities of a good book and was well worth the time and slightly irritating narrative style.
3. The next book I want to read: SO MANY CHOICES. I'm torn between Room by Emma Donoghue (finally out in paperback!), The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (which, as Rutgers graduate with a degree in English lit, I really should have read by now), and The Difference Engine (which I bought on impulse and am super-excited about). It'll probably be weeks before I can read any of them, so this decision is not exceptionally problematic for me at the moment.
4. The last book I bought: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I've been semi-interested in this in the past, so when I saw it on sale at a library for fifty cents, I figured I had nothing to lose. Other than fifty cents that is.
5. The last book I was given: Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm. This delicious vegan cookbook was given to me by my lovely friend Robin for my birthday last September. I'm not sure if that was really the last book given to me as it seems unlikely that I wouldn't get a single book for Christmas but nothing else comes to mind.