Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Please, Santa, please!

It's the Christmas edition of Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!  This week asks the top ten books we hope that Santa brings.  I know, I know - just ten?!

1. The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood: Santa already brought me this!  Actually, it was my Secret Santa, aka Bev from My Reader's Block.  I can't wait to read it!
2. 600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster
3. The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
4. Room by Emma Donoghue
5. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, because I studied English at Rutgers, making this required reading
6. If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino, because it sounds weird and I like that
7. anything by Orhan Pamuk, who I've been meaning to read forever but always forget about in the bookstore
8. Party Vegan by Robin Robertson, because obviously I'm going to put a cookbook on this list and this one looks amazingly excellent!
9. A book of poetry by Sylvia Plath; I'm not picky
10. Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth, because this book has been haunting me and I feel like maybe that means something

5 comments:

  1. when were you at rutgers? i studied english there too... i also lived in demerest hall one year (where oscar lives), which made it one of the weirder reading experiences i've ever had. i'm not used to a book that *gets* so exactly a place i've spent a lot of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall 2007-Spring 2010. What about you? My husband lived in Demerest for the 07/08 school year - maybe you knew each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lady Lazarus" is my favorite Plath poem.

    I've only read Invisible Cities by Calvino and I didn't quite get it. I think it's time for a re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jennifer ...

    I really (really, really) hope someone brings you the No. 2 book on your list.

    All the best ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jennifer, i was 2004 - 2008 so looks like we may have passed each other around there. i was in demerest the 05-06 school year. i know rutgers is a huge school and that it's not THAT surprising that we both went there around the same time..but still, kind of funny!

    ReplyDelete