Monday, June 21, 2010

Reader, I married him.

Well the whirlwind of getting married is over.  That's a lie: there are still thank you cards to write, gifts to unwrap and put to use, being a "Mrs." to get used to...

The wedding was amazing.  As much as I hated wedding-planning, I loved being a bride.  Everything went seamlessly - it was overcast for the pictures (which, despite my horrific photography, I know is ideal) but the sun came out just in time for our outdoor ceremony.  The vendors were all perfectly coordinated with each other so there was no stressing about the maitre d' wanting to do one thing and the DJ wanting to do another.  And it was just so amazing, knowing that all of those people were there to celebrate us, that I would get to spend the rest of my life with this wonderful man...

There was a moment during the reception when we were just spinning around on the dance floor.  We just held hands and spun and spun and spun and it was like one of those movie moments, where the scene spinning around represents the dream-like happiness of the moment except that it was real and I got to experience it.  Simultaneously, I was amazed that I wasn't breaking my ankles.

Oh, and the dress.  Can we discuss the dress?  I love my dress.  Even though I couldn't breathe and could barely eat, there was something incredible about being the lady in white.  I already miss wearing it.

The honeymoon was great as well - we ate a lot, drank a lot, spent a lot...  The only downside is that the last night in the Bahamas I started feeling nauseous and when we got back yesterday I discovered that I had a fever and today I've pretty much felt like crap and been useless.  Starting tonight and tomorrow though, I will be getting back to real life: writing thank you cards, continuing to unpack, babysitting, looking for a job, painting, getting back into yoga and cooking, two beloved activities that have sorely suffered in that last month of craziness.

And, of course, blogging.  Here's a sneaky-peak at what's to come:
~Our Green Wedding Elements
~What to Eat in the Bahamas
~How to Get What You Want
~Book Reviews
And more!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I love hearing about weddings, and true love, and it sounds like your big day was spectacular. Sorry you aren't feeling too well at the moment, hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! You should check back for my Green Wedding Elements post, part of it was inspired by YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I loved reading about your lovely wedding. : )

    ReplyDelete